is CGP the place for you?
Do you want to work with people? Are you a risk-taker? Do you thrive in a creative, multi-sensory learning environment? If so, CGP may be the place for you. Each year, we accept around 20 students, 10 in the history track and 10 in the science track. We look for candidates from a variety of backgrounds, with strong academic records and a commitment to public service.
To apply, submit the following materials no later than January 10th:
1. A completed online application through SUNY Oneonta available here
2. Two letters of recommendation
3. Transcripts from all previous educational institutions
4. Scores from the GRE General Test sent to #2542
5. An essay on the following topic: Imagine your ideal museum. What is it like? Who does it serve? What is your job? Provide a personal narrative on this subject of approximately 750 words.
After receiving applications, our admissions committee will invite promising candidates to Cooperstown for a weekend of interviews in mid March. The committee will make its final decision after Interview Weekend and will notify applicants within approximately two weeks.
get in touch
It's important to find a graduate program that's the right fit for you. If you have any questions about the application process, or want to visit CGP or talk to a current student, please call us at 607.547.2586 or email Rosemary.Craig@oneonta.edu.